Monday, December 1, 2008

A Sense of Purpose

This blog will dare to cross swords with the liberal economist phenomenon that is Paul Krugman, and will focus specifically on addressing oversights in his daily blog, "The Conscience of a Liberal."

I must add that I am doing this out of a sense of moral obligation. After reading what Mr. Krugman has written in the New York Times and on his blog, I have frequently been stunned to silence by his lack of insight, his arrogance, and the effect he has on his hungry, unquestioning audience.

My personal disagreement with Mr. Krugman, on the most basic level, exists in that I believe that people who wish to engage in discussions in which they present themselves as an "authority" on a topic should, in fact, have a thorough understanding of the topic before they begin to speak. Mr. Krugman, speaks and writes like someone who sees only what he wants to see, which are all things that correspond to and uphold his liberal leanings. My feeling is that if Mr. Krugman wants to speak and write, he should, at least, have the "conscience" to investigate whether what he is saying is the truth before he presents it to the masses as such.

Please feel free to engage in my discussion of topics.

No comments: